Monday, July 19, 2010

2nd Letter to Fellow Filipinos dated July 16, 2010

2nd Letter to Fellow Filipinos dated July 16, 2010

Dear Compatriots,

In my first letter, I wrote about the Corinthian Coffee Club or C3 for short. There is really more to nation building than just C3. I will always write to you about nation building, whether it happens in C3 or anywhere else. This time however, a lot of things are happening in C3 that is why I will be writing a lot about it for a start.

In case you are wondering about my other names, allow me to give you some background. Ka Iking is my radio name. It was given to me by my Iglesia ni Cristo friends when I started broadcasting at DZEC. I still carry this name, and that is why the title of my TV show is Ka Iking Live! Datu Bahandi is my Lumad name. It was given to me when I was adopted as a Datu by the Talaandig tribe of Bukidnon, after the Council of Datus decided on it, led by my friend Datu Didilusan. Brother Khalid is my Moslem name. It was given to me by my Moslem friends led by Brother Jalil Abian, after it was discerned by a pious Imam, based on their belief that I am a Moslem at heart, although born as a Christian.

Tom Lee is one of the founders of C3. He is a Filipino Chinese who left the Philippines when he was 15 years old, and came back when he was already a senior citizen. Tom was an early engineer in Silicon Valley. He invented the first Apple printer and became a business guru later on. Already an American citizen, Tom founded the University Consortium (UNICON) in the Philippines, which he patterned after the Apple Consortium in the United States. He is also a Director of the Philippine Foundation for the Prevention of Crime and Injustice (PFPCI). He also heads the Makati City Chapter of the PFPCI.

Quality education is the advocacy of UNICON. Its goal is to improve the quality of education by improving the technology and the connectivity of its member schools. Equal justice is the advocacy of the PFPCI. Its goal is to minimize crime and injustice by empowering and equipping the men and women in uniform who are serving our nation in the government agencies within the Five Pillars of Justice.

Ramon Ike Villareal Señeres (Ka Iking/Datu Bahandi/Brother Khalid)
+639293605140/iseneres@yahoo.com/www.senseneres.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ike, this is a wonderful initiative. I know that with you and Tom at the helm it will be a glorious success. i look forward to meeting with your group when I'm in Manila.

ted

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Philippines Best of Blogs Link With Us - Web Directory OnlineWide Web Directory