Tuesday, December 26, 2023

COMMUNITY BASED URBAN FARMING

I live in a village where someone picks up our food waste, supposedly for conversion into organic fertilizer. I am happy to do that, as my contribution to recycling, but how I wish I would have a way to find out what happens to the fertilizers. Either that, or what could be better is if I could also benefit from my contributions. In this same village, I also see a many vacant lots that have actually become an eyesore, because of tall grass growing, and sometimes because these are often used as dumpsites by some irresponsible villagers. How I wish that these eyesores could be removed in such a way that the resulting solution could also benefit all villagers. One possible solution is to convert these vacant lots into urban farms and I mean real farms and not just simple backyard gardens. What I really mean is that these urban farms should benefit the village association because it would be revenue generating, and it would also benefit the villagers by way of having access to vegetables that are safer, cheaper and fresher. During the covid pandemic, it was a good idea to put up the community kitchens. The downside about that idea however, is that the organizers had to buy their vegetables that were not safe, cheap and fresh. By safe, I mean being chemical free and being organic. The solution therefore is to grow these vegetables using their own organic fertilizers from food waste. IKE SENERES/12-26-2023

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Philippines Best of Blogs Link With Us - Web Directory OnlineWide Web Directory