Tuesday, March 26, 2024

SOLVING THE PROBLEM OF HUNGER

SOLVING THE PROBLEM OF HUNGER Sometimes we seem lost in the flurry of words, but it is clear enough to me that the term “involuntary hunger” is much more real than “perceived hunger”. It seems that the former is real “felt” hunger, whereas the latter could be “imagined” hunger to some extent. Knowing that, I felt sick in my stomach when I read that according to the SWS, the number of Filipino families that experienced “involuntary hunger” increased from 9.8 percent in September 2023 to 12.6 percent in December 2023. In layman terms, it could be explained that many Filipino families have no choice but to go hungry, because they could no longer afford to buy food. That could be because they are not earning enough to be able to buy food to eat, or the prices of food have risen for them to be able to afford it. One way or the other, that also means that many Filipino families have also fallen below the poverty line, because they could no longer afford the “imaginary basket of goods”. Although it might sound too simplistic, I believe that a practical solution is for Filipino families to grow their own food in their own backyards, or in community farms that are perhaps owned and operated by them through cooperative organizations. Towards that end, I am hoping that all LGUs everywhere will find good reason to help them with technology, financing and marketing. On my own, I have gathered enough contacts among agricultural technology providers, enough to be able to help those who will reach out to me. IKE SENERES/03-27-2024

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Philippines Best of Blogs Link With Us - Web Directory OnlineWide Web Directory