Saturday, April 27, 2024

CLINICAL TRIALS IN THE PHILIPPINES

CLINICAL TRIALS IN THE PHILIPPINES I am looking for an expert who could help me understand how clinical trials are being conducted in the Philippines, or how they ought to be conducted. I took an interest in this matter when I heard from some sources that some clinical trials are being conducted either by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or by the DOH. I then took the trouble to send queries to both the FDA and the DOH, but so far, I have not received their replies. I am curious what their reply would be, because I really think that there would be a conflict of interest in doing the tests, if the outcome of the tests could potentially favor a private company of any kind. We should still wait for the reply of both the FDA and the DOH before we judge them, but in the meantime, I suggest that these two agencies should instead enable the private sector to conduct their own tests, especially those small companies that have limited funds for product development. Since the FDA has a regulatory function, I think that it may not be able to go into product development. That role might be more appropriate for the DOH but only as an enabler or policy maker. The DOH could also choose to fund the research of nonprofit companies, in which case there would be no conflicts of interests. IKE SENERES/04-28-2024

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Philippines Best of Blogs Link With Us - Web Directory OnlineWide Web Directory