Friday, May 31, 2024

YES, GRAFT IS A SIN

YES, GRAFT IS A SIN In a previous essay, I asked the question of whether graft and corruption are sins or not. I think I might have left my answer hanging, so I am going to give my answer here now. But before I do that, let me say again that graft and corruption are not one and the same. They do have a cause-and-effect relationship, and that is perhaps the reason why they are often confused with each other. Corruption is the cause of graft. Corruption is the temptation that causes someone to commit acts of graft. Legally, graft is a crime because there is a Philippine law that punishes it. However, there is also God’s law in the Ten Commandments that prohibits stealing, and so therefore, graft is also a sin. But is corruption also a crime? I am not sure about that, but I could say that whoever causes someone to steal could also be an accessory to that crime. It could be said that some people can commit graft on their own, without anyone corrupting them. But then, it could also be said that the lesser corruptors there are, the lesser grafters or thieves there will be. Having said all that, how do we reduce graft? Since we have already established that graft is a crime that is also a sin, we could reduce graft by leading people towards living a life away from sin. If they could decide to turn away from sin, they could also decide to turn away from stealing. IKE SENERES/06-01-2024

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Philippines Best of Blogs Link With Us - Web Directory OnlineWide Web Directory